Mr. Arsalan Akhtar
Dept. of CE, Bahria University
Shangrila Road, E-8, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Tel. 051-9260002, Ext-Nil
- M.S. Mechatronics Engineering - NUST
- B.E. Electrical Engineering - NUST
- Title: Team Lead - Robocup - NUST
- Date: Oct 2011 to Date
- “Development of a Multi-agent Intelligent Electro-Mechanical System and Participation in Robocup Small Size League”. National University of Sciences and Technology (Pakistan). Achievements:
- First Ever team from South Asia to qualify for Robocup Small Size League.
- Developed a complete lab for the said project, handling both technical and managerial tasks pertaining to the development of the lab.
- Title: Google Summer of Code Intern - Google
- Date: May 2012 - Aug 2012
- “Integration of Robot Operating System (ROS) with OpenCog”. Learnt ROS and OpenCog from scratch and proposed a design theme to integrate both the softwares, so that the cognition abilities of OpenCog could be utilized on robots using ROS.
- Title: Teaching Assistant - NUST
- Date: Feb 2012 - Feb 2013
- Assisted the professors in the courses of Electronics (EE-212) and Control Systems (EE-308) in Department of Mechatronics Engineering, NUST.
Honors & Awards:
- Team Lead of the First Ever Team from South Asia to Qualify for Robocup Small Size League. (Year 2013)
- Won a funding worth 3 million PKR (around $30,000) from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan for the project mentioned above. (Year 2011).
- Ranked 24thin the Entrance Exam of National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan, which is the top university in Pakistan (QS ranking 120 in Asia) (Year 2007)
- F.G. Sir Syed College Excellence Award (Academic Year 2005-2006).
- Runners Up in Inter College Badminton Championship. (Year 2006).
- Ali, S. U., Akhter A. and Faraz K. “Cellular Automata based Motion Planning for Mobile Robots”. In the Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 2012), Guangzhou, China, Dec 2012.
- Zaman, M. A., Shafqat, S., Imran, A., Noor, I., Akhter, A., and Faraz, K. “Online Vision-Based Techniques for Robotic Soccer Environment”. In Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Robotics (ISR2012), Taipei, Taiwan, Aug 2012.
- [Programming Skills]
C,C++, Assembly language, MATLAB, Verilog, Python.
- [Hardware Skills]
Atmel 8051/8052, PIC 16F and 18F series, AVR Microcontrollers. SIM900 GSM Modules
Robot Operating System (ROS), Player/Stage/Gazebo, Proteus Professional, Keil, Microchip Compilers (MPLAB), AutoCAD, ModelSim, AVR Studio, Eclipse, Waikato Environment for Knowledge Analysis (WEKA), Rapidminer Studio, Orange.
- [Operating Systems]
Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin), Windows 7 and 8.