Dr. Khuram Shehzad
Dept. of CE, Bahria University
Shangrila Road, E-8, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Tel. 051-9260002, Ext-Nil, Tel. +92 345 11 38 557
Education:PhD in Electronics Engineering, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 2014
- Thesis Title: Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Node Architecture for Data and Computation Intensive Applications
- Abstract: http://miun.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2:719439
- Thesis Title: Low-power 8-bit Pipelined ADC with current mode MDAC
- Abstract: http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?searchId=1&pid=diva2:233920
Experience:Project Engineer, Nokia Siemens Networks, Pakistan, 2006 - 2007
- As a member of Q&M (Configuration and Management) team, I have been responsible to integrate Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) - newly commissioned as well as those upgraded with enhanced features - to the main network for Telenor Pakistan.
- During this period I also participated in couple of short (i.e. about 2 weeks) training courses related to “GSM networks”.
- Conducted following courses: “Introduction to micro-processor programming & interfacing”, “Embedded Systems” “Introduction to programming languages”, “Computer Architecture and Organization” at undergraduate levels.
- Supervised number of embedded system related projects. In addition, performed several management related activities e.g. student advisory and the organization of national level exhibition (EMCOT).
- Assisted in lab sessions for courses, “Digital Design” and “Computer Architecture and Organization”.
- During this period I also participated in a teachers’ training course, “Faculty Development”.
Conferences, Presentations and Courses Attended:
- Attended all past conferences listed under “Conference Papers”
- PCB design for manufacturability, November 11 – 12, 2012, IPC Europe, Sweden.
- Scientific Research Writing, Mid Sweden University, 2011, Sweden.
Awards, Fellowships, and Grants:
- Obtained a merit based scholarship for MS and PhD from Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan
- Received merit based scholarship during B.Sc. studies.
- Registered professional engineer at Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
- Shahzad, K.; Peng Cheng; Oelmann, B., "Architecture Exploration for a High-Performance and Low-Power Wireless Vibration Analyzer," Sensors Journal, IEEE , vol.13, no.2, pp.670,682, Feb. 2013
- Imran, M.; Shahzad, K.; Ahmad, N.; O’Nils, M.; Lawal, N.; Oelmann, B., “Energy Efficient FPGA based Wireless Vision Sensor Node: SENTIOF-CAM,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 2014
- Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., " Development of an FPGA based High-performance and Low-power Wireless Embedded Platform for Wireless Monitoring Applications," Submitted to Journal of Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, 2013
- Imran, M.; Ahmad, N.; Shahzad, K.; Khursheed, K.; O’Nils, M.; Lawal, N., “Energy Driven Selection and Hardware Implementation of Bi-Level Image Compression” Submitted to Journal of Real Time Image and Video Processing, 2013
- Abdul W. Malik, Qaiser Anwer, Tor Arne Johannson, Benny Thornberg, Khurram Shahzad “Real Time Decoding of Color Symbol for Optical Positioning System”, Submitted to International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 2013
- Shahzad, K.; Peng Cheng; Oelmann, B., "SENTIOF: An FPGA based High-performance and Low-power Wireless Embedded Platform," Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Krakow, Poland, Sep. 2013
- Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “Investigating Energy Consumption of an SRAM based FPGA for Duty Cycle Applications”, International Conference on Parallel Computing - ParCo2013, Munich, Germany, Sep. 2013
- Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “An FPGA-Based High-Performance Wireless Vibration Analyzer,” NORRCHIP 2013, IEEE Conference on, Vilnius, Lithuania, Nov 2013
- Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “Quantitative Evaluation of an FPGA based Wireless Vibration Monitoring System,” Accepted for publication in ISWCS 2014, Spain.
- Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “A Comparative study of in-sensor processing vs. raw data transmission using ZigBee, BLE and Wi-Fi for data intensive monitoring applications,” Accepted for publication in ICST 2014, UK.